• Bachelors in journalism, English, Communications, Marketing, engineering or a related field + Minimum 4 years of related proposal, communications or marketing experience or a demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education.
• A thorough understanding of TxDOT pursuits and how to develop winning proposals and
• Knowledge of TxDOT content area — projects, people, credentials, competitors.
• A detailed knowledge of marketing procedures, work processes, and tools, along with evidence
of past successful management of marketing projects and teams.
• A thorough understanding of effective document and presentation production, and an in-depth
understanding of proposal and presentation psychology and how to convey messages, themes,
discriminators, and responses to evaluation criteria clearly and effectively.
• Experience with collaborating with distributed teams of people with a demonstrated knowledge
of TxDOT proposals and procurement process.
• A professional demeanor and excellent interpersonal skills.
• The initiative, skill and personal commitment to manage multiple projects and details
concurrently, delegate, follow up, and bring tasks and projects to full completion.
• An understanding of TxDOT pursuit protocol.
• The ability to produce accurate, compliant and compelling work independently and with others.
• Ability to prepare, assess and guide others in delivering effective proposals and presentations.
• Organizational and administrative skills, including the ability to complete varied work tasks on
schedule, and direct teamwork; the proven ability to manage documents.
• Excellent verbal and writen communication skills.
• Salesforce experience a plus.
• Understanding of desktop publishing software (e.g., Adobe Creative Suite), graphics programs
(e.g., InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Acrobat, Photoshop), word processing programs (e.g.,
Microsoft Word), spreadsheet management (Excel), and presentation software (e.g.,
Barney Ventures LLC is an executive search firm specializing in the placement of Civil and Environmental, Planning, and Landscape Architecture professionals. Our goal is to be your choice when it comes to finding top talent in the design industry. The firm's Principal, John Kreiss, has more than 20 years of experience identifying recruiting, and filling key positions for Civil, Environmental, Planning, and Landscape Architecture firms. He understands that people, who currently are employed, and not actively seeking new employment, typically make the best hires. And Barney Ventures LLC specializes in identifying and recruiting these professionals. Our mission is to help design industry firms by partnering with them to get the talent they need to be able to compete in an environment where good people are hard to find.